Sunday, June 28, 2009

Upping mileage, new fundraising ideas, 1/2 marathon in July!

Hola! Well, we went up to 8 miles last weekend. I felt fantastic and had one of my best runs yet! Immediately afterward, Jeff, Maddie and I left for Austin for the weekend to celebrate Father's Day. I promptly got sick. Blech. I'm still fighting it, so I took it nice and easy last week. Luckily we backed down to 6 miles for our run yesterday. I ran/walked with two other women in my group, which was a nice change of pace.

Next week I'm going to start running a few miles longer than the rest of the group because Jeff and I will be running the San Francisco half marathon on July 26th. Next Saturday is 9 miles, 12 miles the week after that, then 6 miles and finally our 13.1 mile run through San Fran! Grandma Mag has graciously offered to come to TX and watch Miss Maddie for us for the weekend. I haven't left my little girl for longer than 2 hours since she was born last May. I feel very ambivalent about this weekend away!!

In other news, I've been a little worried about my funds. I have to raise $6700 and I'm only at $600! Yikes! As my fundraising page keeps reminding me, that's only 9%. Yeah, yeah, I know. I sent out letters a few weeks ago, so I'm hoping that those will generate an appreciable amount of funds. I also started selling jewelry on Etsy. As soon as I posted my link on Facebook, I immediately got 3 requests for necklaces! I'm so happy!! 100% of the proceeds from the jewelry will be donated to the LLS. Here is the link: www.racing2savelives.etsy.com I'm really excited about it. Please pass the link along to anyone you think might be interested in some feel-good jewelry (that is quite reasonable, if I do say so myself!).

No comments:

Post a Comment